Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Because You Don't Practice

So wrapping up the "Jordan Training Tour", I have toured the country being introduced to many a ballplayer. So many look the part. According to SPARQ Ratings a select few were Elite, some were Above Average, but the majority "Needed Training." Some cities represented very well and I enjoyed training over 1,000 kids over the past 6 weeks.

A few observations I must share......

1. Players need to perfect the "Jump-Stop"

2. There is not enough emphasis on proper shooting

3. We need to teach players how to get to the rim quickly with one dribble

4. Basketball IQ is not being stressed enough

5. Footwork and Agility are essential so please don't underestimate the value and importance of training

Overall, I was very pleased with the great turn-outs in each city. I love that you guys are reading my blogs, downloading my videos and implementing my training techniques. It's nice to meet all of you. Thank you to all the young people and coaches who allowed me to impact their lives in a positive way, you are my inspiration and allow me to keep putting all my energy into this training. If I gave you a card please do stay in touch, I want to follow your progress and see how the training helps you. If you're not good at something .....it's "Because You Don't Practice"!!

We have about two more weeks of training and then we'll break for a bit to mentally and physically recover before getting ready for fall training. I look forward to seeing everyone in the gym soon.

1 comment:

Molly Pete said...

D-Train: Enjoy reading your blogs. We are all fortunate to be exposed to your influnence. Keep it up. High 5! "Average is your Enemy."