Friday, March 6, 2009

Gone Fishin

They say spring comes in like a lion and leaves out like a lamb, unfortunately most of us don't know who they are. That is until they eat us up like lamb chops served to a pride of hungry lions. Week 2 of March and no matter what level you compete on, you must be hungry. I haven't even gotten a chance to call some high school players in time, they have already been eliminated from their state tournaments. I'm running to Madison Square Garden to catch the Big East Tournament next week because I'm afraid some teams will only be dancing at the club and not in the NCAA Tournament. As soon as March ends the NBA Playoffs kick into high gear. No matter what level, I hope your season is still going strong. This is the part that you work so hard to get to. When you come up short it's a direct reflection of your preparation, focus and desire. Please if you do come up short don't approach the off-season the same way you did last year...It will take you right back to the same place next year.






Offense Wins Games Defense Wins Championships

There isn't a day that goes by where someone doesn't ask me about training for their son, daughter or star player. I love and appreciate it because it's what I do for a living. The thing I find most interesting is that all they ever want to focus on is shooting. Not saying that offense isn't important, but what if you aren't the number 1 option on your team. What if they have plenty of scoring and they need someone to play defense and do the dirty work? If you have ever been fortunate enough to come to one of my training sessions you will quickly see that we don't just play offense and work on shooting. We spend lots of time teaching defense because if the other team can't score you greatly increase your chances for victory. Now I'm not saying don't work on your offense, what I am saying is don't forget you have to play both ends of the floor. Coach knows where to get offense, they need someone who can stop the other team's best player. Don't take my word for it:





My Top 5 Favorite Basketball Movies





value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vpIN95XNDQc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0">










No comments: