Saturday, June 13, 2009

An Easy Shortcut


There are no shortcuts. "I've always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don't do things half-heartedly, because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results. That's why I approached practices the same way I approached games. You can't turn it on and off like a faucet . I couldn't dog it during practice and then, when I needed that extra push late in the game expect it to be there.

But that's how a lot of people approach things, and that's why a lot of people fail. They sound like they are committed to being the best they can be. They say all the right things, make all the proper appearances. But when it comes right down to it, they're looking for reasons instead of answers.

You see this all the time in professional sports. You can even see it in your friends or business associates. There are a million excuses for not paying the price. "If only I was given a particular opportunity" or "if only the coach, teacher or boss liked me better, I could have accomplished this or that." Nothing but excuses.

Part of this commitment is taking responsibility. That's not to say there aren't obstacles or distractions. If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to go through it, climb it, or work around it. "

Excerpt taken from "I Can't Accept Not Trying" by Michael Jordan....Perhaps you can find some inspiration and motivation.

A Free Workout

Make 10 Full Court Lay-ups 5(R) and 5(L) limit 4 Dribbles
Jog from Elbow to Half-Court Back to Elbow and Make 10 Jumpers R and L Elbow
Make 5 Free Throws

Dribble Series Beat Two 1st Defender at 1/2 Court 2nd defender at Elbow
Make 5 of Each and Finish With Lay-Up on R/L Side of Court
Cross-Over, Between Legs, Spin, Hop-Back
Make 5 Free Throws

Wing Shooting
Flash or L-Cut To The Wing
Make 5 Jumpers off the catch
Rip R Make 5
Rip L Make 5
Rip R Step-Back Make 5
Rip L Step-Back Make 5
Complete on Both Sides of The Court

Make 5 Free Throws

Transition Shooting( w/passer sprint from 1/2 court, if alone spin ball to self)
From R/L Wing Make 5 of Each
1 dribble R Pull-Up
1 dribble L Pull-Up
1 dribble R Step-Back
1 dribble L Step-Back
Shot-Fake 1 dribble L
Shot Fake 1 dribble R

Make 5 Free Throws

Record Your Shooting Results


Blame It On The......

Not sure if you've been watching the NBA Finals, they've been extremely close and competitive. I'm rooting for good competitive games, don't really want LA to win, but not losing sleep either way. I have to ask though...Why are the Magic down 3-1?



or

or
value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d4EXqADcGd4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0">

No comments: